NEW Sedona Airport Aerial
Photo by Ted Grussing ©2013Click to view in Hi Resolution
ALL PILOTS USING THE SEDONA AIRPORT OR OVER-FLYING THE SEDONA AREA UNDER VFR AT LESS THAN 7,500’ ARE REQUESTED TO OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING NOISE ABATEMENT RECOMMENDATIONS:
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE ARE 3 PROTECTED WILDERNESS AREAS in the Sedona area which are subject to FAA (AC) 91-36c regarding flight over or near noise sensitive areas.
1. The Sycamore Canyon Wilderness area to the west.
2. The Red Rock/Secret Mountain Wilderness area north.
3. The Munds Mountain Wilderness Area east.
CLICK ON ARTWORK TO VIEW/DOWNLOAD LARGER VERSION
In part, (AC) 91-36c specifies a minimum altitude of 2,000’ above the highest terrain within 2,000’ laterally or 2,000’ above the upper-most rim of a canyon or valley. These Wilderness areas and the complete text of the Regulations Regarding Flights Over Charted National Park Service Areas, etc. can be found on the Phoenix Sectional.
All Aircraft: Avoid departures or arrivals 10:00 P.M. to 6:00 A.M.
Local Arizona Time (MST)
• All arrivals and departures use standard uncontrolled airport AIM procedures.
• Land and take off into the wind. Left hand traffic to both runways.
• All landings, takeoffs and touring aircraft, for safety’s sake, “HEADS UP” and use your radio.
• No scenic flights below 6500’ MSL.
• No mid-field or intersection departures.
• No touch and go or stop and go operations.
• Climb as high as possible before leaving airport boundaries, consistent with safety.
• Fly standard left patterns, no low approaches, no straight ins when a pattern is required.
• Follow the PAPI consistent with safety, use best rate of climb (Vy) on takeoff for noise abatement.
• Administrative runway weight restriction is: 60,000 pounds for dual wheels.
• Compliance with airport noise abatement procedures is requested.
Remember Runway 03 is uphill 93 feet
and Runway 21 is downhill 93 feet.
Runway 03 is preferred for landings, subject to wind conditions.
Runway 21 is preferred for take-offs, subject to wind conditions.
SAFETY ALWAYS COMES FIRST.
NOISE ABATEMENT FORM
Click on form to view and download larger version
Current NOAA Weatherfrom Sedona Airport Click Here
Listen to Current Weather Recording Click Here
Sedona Airport's AWOS is : 118.525or Listen by phone at:928-282-1993
Extensive Facts About Sedona Airport on AirNavClick Here
Sedona Airport Current Activity On FlightAwareClick Here
Winds Aloft - Ryan Carlton BalloonClick Here
Winds Aloft - NOAA Aviation WeatherClick Here
Watch ourAirport Videos
Sedona Airport (SEZ), Sedona, Arizona • 235 Air Terminal Drive, Suite 1 • Sedona, AZ 86336Phone: (928) 282-4487 • Fax: (928) 204-1292Admin E-Mail: airport@SedonaAirport.org• Airport Manager: Rod Propst, A.A.E. firstname.lastname@example.org