Noise Abatement Recommendations
The Management of Sedona Airport appreciates your voluntary assistance to fly friendly over the skies of Sedona. The recommendations provided here are voluntary and should not be a substitute for good” heads up flying” practices. Compliance with these recommendations is at the pilot’s discretion and should be exercised only when consistent with safety.
Traffic Altitude – 6000’ MSL (prop); 7,000’MSL (jet)
- Practice situational awareness. Use your radio!
- No mid field or intersection departures.
- Gain altitude as quickly and safely as possible before leaving airport boundaries. Use best rate of climb (Vy) for noise abatement.
- Fly standard left-hand pattern, no low approaches, no straight in approaches.
- No touch and go landings.
- Limit operations to the extent practical between 9pm to 7am
Helicopter Operations –
Sedona is a noise sensitive community with historic sites scattered about the area. Please follow recommendations of Advisory Circular 91-36D. Specifically, section 8(b). When practical, please follow arrival/departure routes as described on map 1-